Wednesday, January 19, 2011

I'm a full time office assistant.
A part time hair stylist.
A Sunday School teacher.
A roadshow pianist.
A Relief Society pianist.
A wife.
A daughter.
A friend.
A baby-kisser.
A house keeper. (sometimes.)
A lover of music.
A wannabe crafter.
A church goer.
A talker. (and a funny one at that.)
I ask myself, how do I have time for all of these things? Where's my 'me' time?
Then, I realize that doing all of the things that keep me running from literally sun-up to sun-down is my 'me' time. I wouldn't feel like me if I didn't serve others, go out of my way to go see my neice, sing a song, call my mom, text a friend, cut some hair, and all the way through, smile, whether I mean it or not.
And I'm happy that that is who I am. That no matter how hard my life may be (and is), I can pick myself up in the morning, and start running, flashing my not-so pearly whites.
Do I complain? YES. (just ask my husband.) But at the end of the day, I am grateful for this busy life that completes me.


To be nobody but yourself in a world which is doing it's best, night and day, to make you somebody else is to fight the hardest battle which any human being can fight; never stop fighting.

1 comment: