Friday, February 11, 2011

Craft Night

Last night, me and my mom, aunt and 3 sisters (techincally 2 are cousins, but we have a sisterly bond) had a craft night! Holly brought her Cricut machine. I need one. and we made Valentine's day cards! I only had time to make one. I cut out a cupcake from paper, and glued on pink sequins for sprinkles, and a sparkley red brad for a cherry. On the inside, I used the Cricut to write "You're Sweet." Maybe I'll give it to somebody I visit teach.

I really wanted to make heart smores from Crazy Domestic, but I couldn't get the graham cracker crumbs to harden. :( So I had to get a little creative. I stuck my heart marshmallows on lollipop sticks, dipped them in chocolate, and sprinkled graham cracker crumbs on them. Not gonna lie, it was a giant pain, and they aren't as cute as I'd hoped. Oh well. I love Cake Pops. Pretty much Bakerella is my idol. If you don't know who she is, go to bakerella.com now. I promise you, your life will never be the same. My awesome sister, Holly, is so kind and thoughtful. Anytime she sees something I'd like, she buys it! I've been wanting the Cake Pop book forever, and she surprised me with it! So happy!

I had already been planning on making some pops to take to work on Valentines day. I think they turned out pretty cute! (They're cuter now that they're off the styrofoam block and in cute little bags.) Dude. Cake Pops are pretty much manna from heaven, but they are a beast to make. Not kidding you, it took me three evenings. Totally worth it.For Valentines day, I painted my cousin Heather this canvas! (Not at craft night, since she was there.) Let's face it, I'm kinda awesome.
The rest of craft night was spent passing around this happy little baby. Look at that face, and try not to smile. Yeah, that's right, you can't. At one point during the night, I went to lick some white chocolate off my fingers from the Cake Pops..It turned out to be Marley's spit up. Disgusting. It's ok, I still love her.

1 comment: