Wednesday, February 23, 2011

Day 7: a picture of my most treasured possession




The most precious thing that I own would be my scriptures. These aren't just any scriptures though. There's a story behind them. But does that surprise you? I have a story for everything.
I had my 20th birthday while I was living in Provo. Like I said before, I loved Provo. But I was very homesick. My mom is my best friend, and it was the first time I'd been away from home. The week before my birthday, my aunt came up to visit and brought my parents birthday presents with her.
They gave me this set of scriptures. I was happy. I needed new ones. Then my aunt told me to open them, and I was so surprised.
My mom went to every member of my family, all of my old church leaders, everybody that is important to me, and had them highlight their favorite scripture and put in a sticky note with a sweet note to me, explaining why that scripture meant so much to them, and in a lot of cases, expressing their love for me also.
These scriptures mean so much to me. When I am having a hard time, I can flip them open and almost any post it note I find with the correlating scripture brings peace to my heart. When I feel unloved, I can turn to them and know that there are in fact many people that love me.
just one more reason that my mom is amazing..

4 comments:

  1. I didn't know that! that is an amazing present.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh my goodness, that is one of my most thoughtful gifts I have ever heard of. What an amazing story! I like your mom:) I wanna be like her!

    ReplyDelete
  3. that was such a cool idea for your mom to come up with.

    ReplyDelete
  4. i love this idea. would it be weird if i asked people to do that in mine... hahah!

    ReplyDelete