Monday, May 9, 2011

Alright, blog world. I am officially beginning training for the Turkey Trot 5K today. Thank goodness it's not until November. I'm gonna need the 29 weeks.

Here's the thing-I don't just hate running. I despise running. Because, quite frankly, I'm really bad at it. I'm just not a natural runner.

I can kick butt in spin class, or rock the elliptical, no sweat. But running has always been a different story. So most people will say, "Then don't run. Stick with what you're good at."

But I want to run. I want to be fit and in shape. I want to know that I could run from a murderer. Or a ruthless dog trying to bite my face off.

So wish me luck!
{And any and all running tips are greatly appreciated-training schedules, shoes to buy, cutest running clothes...just throw 'em at me!}

1 comment:

  1. dont run on the track!!! you will go crazy! when I trained for my half I ran the canals and believe me I was not and am still not a "runner" but running on the canals is amazing! you can totally do the 5k! its all a mind game!! good luck!

    ReplyDelete