Sunday, May 1, 2011


Church was quite productive today. I wrote out my bucket list! And for your reading pleasure, here it is.


1. Go to San Francisco-my uncle Greg has a salon there that I've always wanted to visit. Apparently it's the bomb.com. I've also never seen Northern California, and am dying to.


2. Become a cosmetology instructor-I LOVED beauty school. Every second of it. I've always known I wanted to be a teacher, but kids kinda hate me, and I kinda hate math. and science. and history. and every class but choir and English. So it hit me, why not teach about something I love, to adults?? duh.


3. Visit Graceland-Anybody who knows me at all, knows I love Elvis to my core. Enough said.


4. Ride in a train-Just recently I found out that they have real life trains with real life tables you can sit at on your ride, and I get super excited about little things like that. Call me crazy, but I thought that was only in Harry Potter. It's been my dream since I discovered it.


5. Own another convertible or a Vespa-I owned a convertible once. And let's just say every day with it was the happiest day of my life. And Vespa's are the cutest thing ever.


6. Run a 5K-Might be easy for some people, but it's a miracle if I can make a lap without dry heaving.


7. Learn how to play another instrument-Maybe the guitar, since I only can play two songs? Or the ukelele would be sa-weet.


8. Go to New Zealand-Let's face it, Lord of the Rings isn't my favorite movie, but holy cow. Ever since I saw it, I've been entranced by the beauty that is New Zealand.


9. Go to a Broadway play in New York-Les Mis or Wicked, anyone? Two favorites of. all. time.


10. Take a cake decorating class-Cake makes me happy, ok??


11. Do service in (or at least for) Africa-Ever since I graduated high school, I've wanted to somehow serve the people of Africa. And I will. Just wait.


12. Adopt a baby-Having been adopted myself, I'm kind of partial to the idea of giving a child a life they otherwise wouldn't have had.


13. Sew something awesome that doesn't fall apart-For once I'd like a quilt that I sewed to not have holes big enough for my legs to fit through.


14. Attend the recording of a game show-More preferably, get on said game show, and win.


15. Reach my goal weight (and stay there)-Yeah, I reached my goal weight once. Then I got depressed and gained 30 pounds. Then I almost hit it again. Then my husband left me, and I depended on cupcakes and Dr. Pepper for happiness. No more, I tell you! No more!


16. Learn to play Piano Fantasy perfectly-I can play it..but I mess up. Lots. And if I could play it perfectly..what man could resist that?? (kidding.)


(this bucket list is subject to change at any time.)

5 comments:

  1. what a fun bucket list! I love San Fran and Graceland was so. much. fun.

    I really want to serve in Africa as well, there's just something about Africa that calls to me.

    I know you will achieve all of these things and so much more in your life! I can't wait to hear about the adventures!

    xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love your bucket list.
    I think you should invite me when you go to half of these places. amen.

    ReplyDelete
  3. YOU GO GIRL I LOVE THIS BUCKET LIST :)
    Go for it

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hey!! Do you want to make a quilt with me?? My mom just showed me how to do it recently. I still have one I need to finish..

    ReplyDelete
  5. I've never heard of a bucket list, but I love yours. What great goals. I LOVE YOU GIRL!!

    ReplyDelete