Wednesday, May 4, 2011

People. What is up with all of the hate in the blog world? Gratefully, I have never been the recipient of hateful or rude comments, or the subject of an unkind blog. But I have quite a few friends who have been, especially recently, and I wanted to share my thoughts on the matter.

I'm not going to name names, say who belittled who...that's not my place, nor do I wish to start any drama. But I can not understand why some people feel they are in the right when they publicly announce their dislike for anybody-let alone a fellow blogger that they most likely have never even met.

A lot of these women that are putting others down are mothers. I know all are daughters, probably sisters, cousins, aunts, maybe even leaders over young girls in their respective churches...Is this the kind of example that we want to set for our children and for the up and coming generation? Do we really want to teach them that it is ok to criticize somebody because they are different than us? I'm sure that the answer is a resounding no.

Yet we as women do it, and frequently. I am of course guilty of it also. But seeing the pain that it brings others, and knowing the pain that it has brought me, I'm learning that this is not ok. This is not acceptable. And this is not how daughters of a loving Heavenly Father should act.

We have no place to put others down. We do not know where they have been or what they are going through. We are each children of God. We each have our own strengths and weaknesses. Learning who you are and how to cope through the trials of life is a struggle we all face-why not celebrate and encourage each other throughout it?

"Be kind, for everyone you meet is fighting a hard battle."

5 comments:

  1. I agree. I had to refrain from completely unloading on someone who made a snarky comment towards me on Facebook. Technology is great, but it sure makes it easier for people (women) to be rude and critical towards those they don't even know, and have never even met in real life. Would she have had the same audacity to say it to my face? Probably not. It's easy to hide behind your computer/tablet/phone when you're a sissy.

    I have a personal standard. I don't say anything about anyone, to anyone, that would make me uncomfortable if the person I was talking about were to hear it.

    Besides, women are overly emotional and quite conversationally retarded at times because of it. I'm no exception. Go Heidi!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. seriously, i do not understand why in the world people do it. if they don't like someone JUST STOP READING THEIR BLOG! it's so simple.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Totally agree.. ps love that 3 of the 4 comments are now ASHLEYS!

    ReplyDelete
  4. if you cant say anything nice, done say anything at all.... some wise bunny told me that. =D

    ReplyDelete