Thursday, June 23, 2011

Nails

I wish I could come up with a more creative title for this post, but I don't feel like thinking at the moment.

Recently I've become obsessed with nail polish and nail art.

I've never been particularly girly, and never have paid much attention to detail, so this is a rather new thing for me, but I love it.

I think my sister-in-law and I can name every single OPI color by name.

So when I saw this picture on tumblr, I fell in love and knew I had to try it.

Here's how it came out:


(sorry for the blurry picture-swear it looks better in real life.)

I used Sally Hansen Blue-Away. (I'm sorry, OPI...I promise I'll never cheat on you again.) Then I used my white and black stripers to make the dandelions. Super easy!

Any other lovely nail art I should try out??

2 comments:

  1. I love nail art!! Have you done the OPI shatter?! It is so awesome, just got a pedi and had it done!!

    I really love that blue!
    xo

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have two shatter colors the black and red and I have had the white done at a salon but I have a cousin who does the craziest details on nails I have ever seen. She actually does people's nails for dances or for special occasions. Like for my baby shower she did all these baby ones. September 11th she did the NY skyline with fireworks behind it and on the other big toe it said Never Forget. (I think something like that) Anyway, there are a million things she can paint on nails, it's insane! Marie Thorsen is insanely talented. And does them for cheap...

    ReplyDelete