Sunday, June 19, 2011

Obligatory Father's Day Post

Hey, everybody's posting about their father's, so I should too, right?




I wish there were words to express how much my dad means to me, but there aren't.

So I'll just tell you some of the things I love most about him!

My dad was always in the bishopric or the bishop growing up, so I didn't get to sit with him in church until I was 16 or 17. But as soon as he joined me on the pew, we had a blast. We are probably the two loudest adults in the congregation, yet he is the most spiritual man I know. When I think of my dad, I can honestly say that the first things that come to mind are the Savior and the example of Him that my dad is to everybody in his life.

I have never once in my life heard my dad speak poorly of anybody. He treats my mom with the utmost love and respect.
He has always disciplined with the perfect balance of mercy and justice.
He loves the gospel of Jesus Christ so much that tears come to his eyes whenever he expresses his testimony, which is on a regular basis-not just in our family, but any chance he gets.
Ever since I was little, it's been my thing with my dad to listen to 94.5 (the oldies station) whenever we're in the car together. We can often be found in my kitchen on Sundays singing songs from the 50's and 60's.
My dad makes me laugh every time that I see him, and he always laughs at my jokes.
It sounds like I'm trying to make him out to be perfect, and he isn't.
But he's the closest man to perfect that I know.

I know he won't read this (he's technologically challenged), but I've told him all of these things before, so that's ok. :)

Happy father's day.

1 comment:

  1. Your dad is awesome. We both have amazing Dads. I remember when Ryker had a knife incident and Your parents were driving by. your dad stopped the car and rushed out to help. He has no idea how grateful I was for him stopping. I was so scared.

    ReplyDelete