Thursday, June 16, 2011

Life is short. Stunt it.

This past weekend was full of all of my favorite things.

On Friday night, I hosted a Hot Rod party, complete with homemade grilled cheese sandwiches and 35 tacos from Del Taco. (If you haven't seen Hot Rod, you won't get the reason for my food choices.)



Hot Rod is my all time favorite movie-I can quote every line. So it was super fun to be able to see a lot of friends that I haven't really spent time with since I before I was married, and watch my favorite movie. Afterwards, my friends Mark and Mallory and Kelsey stayed for a while, and we played guitar and sang and talked-my favorite thing to do.

For Christmas, my parents gave the three kids+spouses tickets to our favorite musical-Les Miserables! The three kids in my family couldn't be more opposite each other..but the one thing we all enjoy and can come together on is Les Mis. Since I no longer have a spouse, I asked my best friend Sarah Jo to come along as my date. We went to CPK first and caught up on life.
I'm so grateful for Sarah-she's been there for me through everything-my marriage, my divorce, and everything before, after, and in between. She's also an awesome aesthetician and taught me everything I know makeup-wise. I love you, Sarah Jo!

{me and SJ back in the day.}

Sarah took pictures with her camera, and I haven't gotten them from her yet. But the show was amazing. I had chills the whole 3 hours, and I'm pretty sure my dad was crying. The whole time.

If you've never listened to the music from Les Mis, or heard the story line, go do that now. It does not disappoint.

My weekends lately, have just been stellar. Hopefully the pattern continues.

What did you do this weekend??

1 comment:

  1. I watched it this weekend too! Tonys suggestion, it's his fav too! I love it so bad. What a fun idear! :D

    ReplyDelete