Friday, July 22, 2011

Happy birthday to me! (LONG post.)

I'm turning 22 tomorrow! So to commemorate the occasion, I thought I'd share 22 of the most important facts there are to know about me.

1. I love cupcakes. I don't just mean in the way that everybody loves cupcakes..I mean, I'm completely obsesssed with them. If I could have a cupcake and a Dr. Pepper for every meal, I would. But then I would be morbidly obese. And I would be sad.



{ps. is it just me, or are my fingers creepily long in this picture? yikes.}

2. I'm adopted. Which I'm pretty sure makes me exponentially cooler than everybody else...totally kidding. But I often think about my birthmother this time of year, and wonder if she's thinking of me too. Luckily, I love my parents more than anything in this world and am so grateful for them.

3. I love singing in the car. So much that I will drive with no destination just to turn on my music and sing. While singing in the car, I'm known to use my cell phone or iPod as a fake microphone-I do this when I'm with people and alone.

4. My biggest fear is chickens, or any bird for that matter. But mostly chickens. My first biggest fear my whole life was divorce, but hey, I got past that, so maybe somebody should lock me in a chicken coop.

5. My dream car is a VW. Any kind will do, but convertible is preferred. I used to have one, and it was the happiest time of my life..



6. I am a water bottle brat. I don't drink out of cups, and if I'm forced to, I am exactly like thst girl from the movie Signs that leaves a good two inches of water left in the cup. It's a little bit ridiculous. I never leave the house without a bottle. Example: This lovely picture of my friend Sydney's wedding...Such a sweet picture until you notice what's in my hand. But it captures the real me, so it's all good.



7. Music is my religion. Mormonism? That's just a hobby. (totally kidding.) But seriously, I'm completely obsessed with good music, making music, and lyrics. I've also played the piano for 16ish years.

8. I talk too much and am far too open to people about my personal life. In case you hadn't caught on to that already..

9. I want to go back to school someday soon to become a cosmetology school instructor.

10. I honestly have the worst memory IN THE WORLD. You can literally tell me something, and 5 minutes later, I won't remember. I compare myself to Dory from Finding Nemo, and that comparison is in no way an exaggeration.

11. My dream in life is to be a hip hop dancer...Sadly, I have no dancing abilities at all. Somebody teach me?

12. I really don't believe in all that natural crap. If I'm sick, give me some freaking drugs.

13. There are three actresses I really can't stand-Angelina Jolie, Anne Hathaway, and Scarlett Johannsen. (I call them Angelina Jo-ugly, Anne Hathagay, and Scarlett Johooker.)



14. My sense of humor is very wrong and insenstive. I've been known to make "that's what she said" jokes more than the average human being.

15. That being said, Hot Rod is my all time favorite movie and I can quote every word.

16. I. Love. Voting. I don't even care about this issues so much, I just love to freaking VOTE.



17. I have a hard time saying no to anybody. I also feel guilty very easily, and tend to get sad about things that are out of my control. I once started crying in an Ihop because an old lady was eating dinner alone and I thought she was lonely. I made my exhusband buy her dinner.

18. My dream in life is to go to Africa and work in an orphanage or something. And hold a monkey.

19. Family and friends mean more to me than anything else. Some of my family are my best friends.

20. I have more male friends than female friends. I think it's because I don't do well with clingy people, or drama. Oh hi-that's 80% of the girls I know, probably including myself.

21. I tend to get very cocky about my piano playing and hair styling skills. But hey, if you've got it, flaunt it. I gotta have something going for me!

22. My cell phone has been attached to my hand since I was 16..Pretty sure I need cell phone rehab.

That's all! Not going to lie, it was a lot harder than I thought it would be to come up with all of that. But there you have it-the essentials of me.

Hope you enjoy my birthday as much as I will :)

3 comments:

  1. ok, i completely agree with number 13! you are the first person in the world! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. We ARE twins. Haha, if only I was a few years older. You really crack me up, I know I say that all the time, but its true. I can totally relate to about 86% of these things. ;] We ought to get together, us being Arizona girls and all... =]

    ReplyDelete
  3. Have I told you lately how much I love you?

    ReplyDelete