Sunday, July 10, 2011

Monsoon Season

You know the expression-when it rains, it pours.

I feel like monsoon season hasn't just hit the valley, but that it's taken it's toll on my life recently too. (metaphorically, of course.)

Of course I couldn't just go to the emergency room and have those bills to pay...

My car had to completely break down too..leaving me with a mile walk home in the sweltering heat, and quarter size blisters on both feet. Not to mention a large bill I can't pay.

And then I had to be told how awesome I'm NOT doing at work, as if I didn't already know and feel terrible about it.

It has not been an easy weekend. But in an effort to keep my blog from being a cryfest (and to maybe make myself feel better too), I'll leave with a few things I'm grateful for:

I'm grateful for having a car that is able to break down in the first place. Some people don't have the luxury of owning a vehicle, and I didn't realize how much I take it for granted.

I'm grateful for amazing parents, who help me when times are tough. (promise I'll pay you back..)

I'm grateful for meeting new friends that are pretty much super awesome.

I'm grateful for my comfortable bed, and the 30+ hours of sleep I got this weekend-I'm definitely a sleep addict.

and I'm grateful that my two very best friends, Kelsey and Heather, are finally back in town, restoring a huge amount of joy in my life.

Hope you had a good weekend:)

No comments:

Post a Comment