Thursday, July 7, 2011

When you're going through a divorce, you don't really stop to think about the inevitable-

You're going to have to start dating again.

And maybe I'm just crazy. Maybe some people look forward to redoing that part of life..

But I'm dreading it.

Don't get me wrong-I enjoy being asked out on dates. I like getting to know new guys, and being in relationships.

But the whole thing gives me anxiety. I sit there before a date and have a panic attack.

What if he doesn't like me? What if I don't look cute?
What if he DOES like me and I don't like him? I can't let him down..

I freak myself out over these ridiculous things, that really don't matter on a first date, when I should just focus on enjoying myself and getting to know the guy.

Point is, I have a date tomorrow. And I might be excited. Wish me luck.

8 comments:

  1. Aw you'll be fine! But I'm with you there! I hated dating!

    Good luck! Look forward to hearing alll about it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. i know exactly what you mean...minus the divorce part. :) i wish you the best!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Good luck and let us know how it went. You are right, just enjoy yourself and make the best of it!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Good luck on your date! Enjoy yourself, you deserve it!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Goooo :/ I was so not looking forward having to do that again. Good luck! It can be really fun if you just teach yourself to not care. That's the hard part though!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. That is so exciting! I'll be so happy for you when you come back and say it went great! Which of course you will cause anyone would be stupid to not have fun with you!! I miss you girly and can't wait to see you next month!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Good for you girl! You are amazing and beautiful, any guy that lands you is lucky!!

    Good luck!
    xo

    ReplyDelete
  8. so.. Text me and let me know how it goes :) and I am so sorry everything else seems to be going so horribly wrong in your life. Know that I love you very dearly.

    ReplyDelete