Tuesday, August 30, 2011

An award!


The beautiful Sara at Struggling Happiness nominated me for this:



Apparently there are rules to accepting an award in blog land. Who knew?
They are as follows:


Thank the person for the award.


Dear Sara,
From the bottom of my heart I would like to thank you gifting me with this Versatile Blogger award, therefore reinforcing in my head that I am awesome.
You are even more awesome.
Love, Heidi

Share 7 things about myself. (because I KNOW none of you could possibly be tired of hearing me talk about myself.) So here goes:

1. In west Philadelphia, born and raised, on a playground is where I spent most of my days...ok, so maybe not. But I love pretending I can rap. Nicki Minaj may or may not be my new idol, even though she's sick-nasty.

2. Sometimes people say I'm unintentionally mean. But if somebody is chewing loudly in my ear, or looks like a creeper with a mustache, I'm going to tell them. So sue me.

3. I'm attempting to replicate this color in my hair again. What say you?


4. I very frequently use the term, "I'm going to punch somebody in the face." Apparently people think I'm REALLY violent and would actually do this. Just to take the opportunity to clarify: I've never punched anybody's face in my life. But the next person who takes me seriously may be the first.

5. When I go on a date with a man, I immediately do the iPod test. (without telling him what I'm doing, of course.) If he doesn't have at LEAST one of the following bands on his iPod, I'm more likely to question our compatibility: Brand New, Motion City Soundtrack, Weezer, Taking Back Sunday.
(Yes, I'm that crazy about my music.)

6. Kids generally hate me. Teenagers, on the other hand, LOVE me. Which is fine by me, because I tend to have mutual feelings. (Sorry, kids.)

7. I'm leaving to Oregon tomorrow morning to see this guy get married!

I can't wait to get out of this freaking heat.

OK, next rule is to nominate 5 people for this award!

I choose you, Pikachu! (I've actually never watched Pokemon in my life.)

These are the chosen ones:

Mallory @ Thoroughly Modern Mallory
Olive @ Little Lost Olive
Kylee @ A Seahorse and Her Moonfish
Alexandria @ Always Alexandria
Ashley @ This is My Story

(Blogger isn't letting me link to their blogs...sad day.)

Well, catch you on the flip side, AZ!


6 comments:

  1. congratulations! Love the hair, your posts made me laugh!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the hair idea! I am thinking I want an obnoxious color streak...maybe pink or purple? Let's just get crazy with our hair!

    ReplyDelete
  3. So, the posts on your blog are simply amazing. They make me laugh! And yes, the hair looks great...Hopefully you can get it back!

    ReplyDelete
  4. did i really just stumble onto my long-lost twin's blog?

    not that we look alike. but we're SO similar. haha

    laughed out loud at the fresh prince part, of course.
    that hair looks gooooood, definitely go for it again.
    i love oregon so there are bonus points for just mentioning it.
    motion city soundtrack used to be my absolute favorite. met them at a warped tour one time and still cherish the pictures.



    and your attitude is just.... the greatest, you know?
    needless to say, i'm a new follower!

    ReplyDelete
  5. We don't think you're violent when you threaten to punch someone in the face, it's when you threaten to punch babies. Love you Heidi!

    ReplyDelete
  6. whaaat?! why did they boycott az?

    i don't care much for them but i actually kind of like their first cd. and, surprisingly, they played some of my favorites from it. didn't even play the black parade one or whatever (the one everryyyone knows)

    don't know the band they're switching them out for though. but blink did really well so you're going to love it.

    ReplyDelete