Tuesday, August 9, 2011

Self Confi-dunce

The past couple of weeks, I have been feeling extra down. All I want to do is sleep, and right when I look in the mirror in the morning, I begin my day by telling myself that I'm not worth it, that I'm not beautiful, that nobody will want me.

It's really quite destructive. I'm not saying this for the compliments-I'm simply informing you as a preface to the article I'm about to share.

I read it today when Zooey Deschanel shared it on Facebook, and the author is completely right. About everything.

Is it going to change my depression? Let's be honest, no. But I feel like maybe it can give me a glimmer of hope, or just a small push to take charge of my life and get out of this self destructive rut I'm in. I'll probably print it and keep it by my bed.

So, without further ado, please read and enjoy:

http://hellogiggles.com/self-confi-dunce

2 comments:

  1. I know it's directed towards women...but that was a good article. Thanks heidi!

    ReplyDelete