Friday, November 11, 2011

Happy

Well, hello there. As usual, long time, no see. What can I say, I'm a busy girl.

And I wish I could say that I was preoccupied with horribly exciting things, but I'm not.

It's just the usual-two jobs, church, church calling, gym, wishing I was eating sugar so that I could have hot chocolate, surfing Pinterest, learning to Zumba (and being bad at it), spending time with friends that need me, celebrating other friends birthdays, doing hair on nights I don't usually do hair, choir, etc.

Yikes.

But can we just talk about things that have made me super happy lately? Well, we're going to.

1. Last weekend, my friend Gage introduced me to Lolo's Chicken and Waffles. And I am forever indebted to him for that. Ok, I know it's not on my eating plan..but I only had half a waffle. And seriously, Kool-Aid in Mason jars??  Soul food at it's finest. If you live anywhere near Scottsdale, go. Now. Afterwards, we went to an improv comedy theater, which I was slightly skeptical about, but it ended up being hilarious. So good thinking, Gage.

2. Zevia and PerfectBerry Rockstar keep me sane now that I've been off of DP for a month. (feel free to applaud me.) They're both sugar/aspartame/carb free! Did you know I'm allergic to aspartame? Welp, I am. Which makes eating sugar free kind of hellish, because everything has aspartame. So when I found Zevia at a vitamin shop, I literally let out a squeal of joy. Now, I'm not going to lie to you and tell you it's taste is even close to the nectar of the gods (Dr. Pepper.). But if it's this or nothing, I'll take it. (And the Rockstar is delicious, and comes with a cute little straw. Win/Win.)

3. This girl is back!

My best friend moved back from Idaho. Let's be honest, I would too-I'm sitting here freezing and it's 60 degrees outside. Idaho sounds like hell right now. Mallory's the kind of best friend that gives me a present on her birthday (A cupcake coin bank. Hi. Love it.), listens to my rants about men, gives me advice I don't want to hear but usually need, eats healthy with me, cheats on diets with me (but we're being good now), and is always there for me, even when I go crazy and sometimes get frustrated with silly things. Hey, it happens. Moral of the story: I'm SO happy she's home.

4. Marley. Always Marley.

PS. If you're curious about how my journey to get healthy is going, go here.





2 comments:

  1. Heidi. You're awesome! I'm glad that you found Lolo's Chicken and Waffles. I've heard that the one in Scottsdale is nicer than the one that I went to though in Downtown Phoenix. It was in the slums next to Bank One Ballpark. And with your diet you inspire me to lose weight too. Good luck on yours!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. How fun! I'd be happy too :) Marley is adorable!

    ReplyDelete