Monday, November 28, 2011

Is that cake??

I don't know about anybody else, but this about sums up my Thanksgiving weekend:


 Except it was more like, 
"Oh snap, is that stuffing??"
"Oh snap, is that pecan pie??"
"Oh snap, is that cornbread??"
"Oh snap, are those mashed potatoes, that I don't even like but am going to shove into my face anyway??"

All. Weekend. Long. 
But it's back on the bandwagon today.
The rest of my weekend consisted of our yearly Thanksgiving trip to the zoo, where my brother had me pose with the giant metal monkey for my family picture. (since I'm the only child without my own family unit. real funny, huh?)
Doesn't Marley look thrilled?

We saw The Muppets, and I pretty much giggled with delight the whole movie.
If you haven't seen it, do so immediately. 

I crafted with my friend, Tjanna.We hit up the local Goodwill, and made some necklace/scarves out of old men's t-shirts. I made this black and white one, and a grey, white, and mustard one. Thank you for the idea, Pinterest.
(If you attempt this project, either be smarter than I am, and Google a tutorial first thing, or have a bottle of Xanax ready.)

Time was spent with friends and family, shopping, meeting new people, having a fire, going out to dinner, sleeping in, dipping our feet in the hot tub, lots of visiting and laughing, cutting hair, and wishing that Monday would never come. 
But it did. And I may or may not have cursed my alarm clock this morning.

On a completely different note, one of my favorite traditions in my family is our Thanksgiving tablecloth. Each year, we lay out the same cloth tablecloth, with a handful of Sharpies, and whoever comes to dinner that year writes what they're thankful for. 
It's fun to look back and see what we were thankful for in the past 10 years since the tradition started. I just love it.
What's your favorite holiday tradition?



1 comment:

  1. Favorite Thanksgiving tradition? Definitely watching the Macy's Thanksgiving Day Parade in the morning. I might be the only one in my family that watches it because I think the rest of my family finds it annoying...but I have made it my own tradition. I love it!!

    P.S. I'm super jealous that you've seen the Muppets movie. I want to see it SO BAD!!!

    ReplyDelete