Happy November, friends.
I'm not going to lie, I've been dreading these holiday months. Last year I was married. The year before, I got engaged on Thanksgiving. And I never thought I'd be single this year.
So, I'm not sure how this season will go. I know I'll be happy to be with family and friends. I know I'll still enjoy giving gifts and decorating cookies.
But I already feel like something's missing. And being the only single one in my immediate family at all of the inevitable holiday events could prove to be a struggle.
But I'm going to hold my head up, and smile. Because if there's one thing I'm really good at, it's smiling.
I've decided to set a list of goals for the month of November to give me something positive to focus on and strive for.
1. Finish at least one awesome craft that I can be proud of. I already have several ideas. Thank you, Pinterest.
2. Take any opportunity I can to perform service.
3. Read some form of scripture every day.
4. Continue to eat healthy/work out at least 4 times a week. (down 4.3 pounds in the last two weeks, son!)
5. Read one new book. Suggestions, anyone?
6. Purchase plane ticket to Utah for my friends wedding in December. Yes, I'm accepting donations.
I think it shall be a great month after all.