Friday, March 9, 2012

Just a thought

I can't stop thinking about relationships, and how quickly they end and change.

For example, I was laying in bed and on Facebook the other night, and one of my best friends from a couple of years back popped up on my news feed. I understand that things change, and that people change. Our lives are different now than they were back then. But all of a sudden it struck me that I really missed my friend, and I couldn't think of one good reason to explain why we no longer communicate.

It amazes me that you can be close enough to somebody to be in their wedding, and then just months later, you aren't even close enough for them to come to yours.

Or that you can share a last name and a bed with somebody, and all of a sudden, one day, you sign a piece of paper, and know absolutely nothing of their life.

I'm not necessarily complaining. In some ways, I know that it's the right thing. I have friends that I've drifted away from, and I know that there was a rhyme and reason for the time they were in my life. I don't mourn the ending of that time. In certain cases, it's even celebrated.

I don't really know what I'm getting at here. I suppose I'm just a nostalgic person, who loves to be close to people. There's always a certain ache when that closeness fades. And of course, after a while, the ache goes away and I forget about it. But once in a while, there's a little reminder, and I miss the friendships that were once special to me.

However, a small part of me thinks of lyrics from one of my favorite songs, "You say you wanted a solution, you just wanted to be missed." {The Boy Who Blocked His Own Shot by Brand New.} Maybe that's it. Maybe I just want to be missed, instead of doing the missing. 

This whole post makes little sense, and is just me rambling. It's slightly depressing, so sorry about that.

But it's been on my mind, so there you go.

No comments:

Post a Comment