Tuesday, May 1, 2012

A Conglomeration of Thoughts

I moved into my new house a week ago. I've really enjoyed it thus far-it's quaint, I feel at home there, and have been slowly but surely unpacking my things, and making it my own.

Then last night, the landlord called. I was confused as to why, but I figured she probably was being kind and asking me how the move went. Turns out she was calling to tell me they decided to rent the house to a family, and we have to be out by June. So here I am, back at square one. For the record, square one isn't my very favorite place to be. I'm frustrated that I packed up all of my things, that my parents bought me a new bed and spent hours driving boxes over, and that I likely won't soon find a situation that seems as ideal.

Thankfully though, I haven't unpacked all of my things. My parents are the sweetest souls around, and simply laughed when I shared the news, and said they'll drive my boxes around Mesa as long as they need to. And as ideal as the house seemed, it will be nice to find a place that isn't 20 miles away from the world I live in.

This past weekend, one of my best friends had her 21st birthday. One of the reasons I love Jerah is that she goes all out for everything. Her birthday party was no exception. She threw a giant carnival themed bash, complete with goldfish racing, a dance floor, bobbing for apples, glow in the dark paint, black lights, pizza, popcorn, and I could go on and on.
(Life sized Candyland..I'm telling you, she went ALL. OUT.)

On Saturday night, I took her out to dinner, then we went to karaoke, and rapped a few songs. Fun fact: I love to rap. I'm alright, but Jerah's ridiculously good. We are both slightly obsessed with these cute girls:
Really. I don't think it can get any cuter than that. It doesn't help that Nicki Minaj is their specialty, and I have an unhealthy obsession with learning to rap her songs.

A couple of weeks ago, I decided I was spreading myself too thin. Between my two jobs that have me working 6 days a week, my social life, my family, my church callings, and the very little time I have to work out, I don't have any time to stop and reflect, or to just sit and feel peace. There seems to be no end in sight though. I can't quit my main job, because it's the bulk of my income. However, I love my clients and find joy in doing hair, and almost feel an obligation to those clients to continue working at the salon 1.5 days a week. I know I've been saying this for months, but I just feel stuck. I don't know where to go from here, but I don't have time to even think about where to go from here. I don't mean to complain. I am genuinely happy. Just kind of like a happy chicken running around with it's head cut off.

I'm going with some friends to California in June to see my favorite band. If anybody knows of any good cupcake places in the San Diego area that I have to visit, please do let me know. A trip is not a trip without a visit to a local cupcake shop, in my opinion.

Have a good week!


No comments:

Post a Comment