Friday, May 25, 2012

Five years ago, I graduated from high school. I know that's probably insignificant to most of you, but it's kind of a big deal to me. We all know I'm nostalgic, almost to the point that it's a flaw, but it is what it is. I am not where I thought I would be when I graduated 5 years ago, but that's another post, for another time. Basically, I just feel really old right now.

Because yesterday, my cousin and best friend graduated. We've been cousins our whole lives (obviously), but 4 years ago, I took Kelsey and Heather to a Jonas Brothers concert, and it was the beginning of a friendship that I hold more precious than almost anything.
It was the beginning of attending more Jonas Brothers concerts, and 3D movies together.

  

It was the beginning of sleepovers, picnics in the park, trips to the zoo and Jerome, lots of crying, and twice as much laughing.


I realize that I'm not Kelsey's mom, or even biological sister, but the bond we have really amazes me. I don't know what I'd do without those girls. And as they all tossed their caps last night as the class of 2012, and I started to tear up, Call Me Maybe began to play over the loud speakers, and there was much rejoicing in the land.  

Also, I'm really kind of ticked that the premiere of So You Think You Can Dance was on the same night as graduation. WHY. That's all.


Congrats, Kels. I love you a lot.
 
Now, I'm off to enjoy the fact that I have a 3.5 day weekend, when I usually only have Sunday off.
I'm also going to try and forget the fact that this weekend two years ago I was getting married.
On to better things, right?

1 comment:

  1. I was at a graduation last night as well, and it was one of the best I've been too, mostly because of the nice weather and relatively small number of graduates. It's going to be a great summer!

    ReplyDelete