Sunday, April 7, 2013

I lived.

I feel sad for this neglected little blog. I think about blogging a lot, but obviously never let those thoughts come to fruition. I'm sure most people have forgotten about the bliggity-blog, but if you're here- WHAT UP! So glad you stopped by!

Anyway, on to the real stuff. Today I had some down time, so I decided to go through my box of important documents. Here's the thing about this box-it's a disaster. I have yet to meet somebody less organized than I am. There are little dividers with labels for "insurance" and "work" and "blah blah blah", but I generally just shove all papers in the back-75% of which are envelopes from my insurance or bank statements that I've never opened. (I promise in some aspects of my life I'm a responsible adult.)

Amidst the unpaid photo radar ticket from 2009, last year's leftover Valentine's, divorce papers, and other important documents, I found a list that I started and never finished (SURPRISE!) of 101 things I wanted to accomplish in 1001 days. I only got to #84. It's cool, I never finish anything.

Reading through it though, I was surprised to find how many things I wrote that I've accomplished without even recalling that I'd listed them anywhere. Examples would be:

 Throw a party with an awesome theme
 Jerah and I had an Elf themed party in December, complete with sugary spaghetti.


Go to the gym 20x in one month
Done. Like, 14 times.
Buy new running shoes.
Plan a budget and stick to it.
Go to UT to visit friends.
 See 5 bands I haven't seen before
I did that in February alone.
Clean out my closet


I just realized that everything I have accomplished on the list is incredibly boring. That's depressing.

Then there were the things I have literally no desire to do anymore:

Do my hair differently every day for 7 days.
Watch Lord of the Rings trilogy. 
 What? No, thanks.

And things that I'm in the process of doing:

Grow hair below collarbones
Go to Disneyland
Less than two weeks away!
Read 15 new books
Save (x) amount of money
Go to both Kelsey and Heather's graduations no matter what
Reach my goal wait 
38 pounds down. LIKE A BOSS.
 
And the things I still want:

Take a hip hop class
Go out of state to see a band
Help give a family Christmas
Buy a beach cruiser
Run a 5K
Read scriptures every day

Now that I've typed this all out, I have really no idea why I thought I needed to blog about this, or where I want to take this post. So bare with me.

Recently, One Republic came out with a song that I've really fallen in love with. It says,

Hope that you spend your days
But they all add up
And when that sun goes down
Hope you raise your cup

I wish that I could witness
All your joy and all your pain
But until my moment comes
I'll say...

[Chorus]
I, I did it all
I, I did it all
I owned every second
That this world could give
I saw so many places
The things that I did
Yeah, with every broken bone
I swear I lived



I think the reason that I love it so much is because it completely expresses how I feel about my life at this point. To be honest, I don't have many friends. I spend more time at work and the gym than I spend at home. But at the same time, I am determined to fill this year with things that allow me to say " I LIVED". I guess that's why finding that list was so significant to me today.

And now that I have a new lappy-top, I'll actually be blogging about the life that I'm living. I know, you're just jumping up and down with excitement. I can hardly contain myself either.

Welp, that's all. Peace out, yo!
 



6 comments:

  1. Finally! I've missed you in the blogging world!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I hope you do more of the things on your list. Let me know if you need a friend to do them with. I'm sometimes busy, but I could use a little living myself.

    ReplyDelete
  3. That is an awesome list. For reals.

    ReplyDelete
  4. You are pretty and amazing.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Amazing. You're great. AND, we're going to Vegas to see Weezer. So seeing a band out of state will be crossed off your list before you know it! Also... whether you like it or not, it's a New Years Day tradition to watch all 3 LOTR in a row. So, pretty sure that will happen for you. Because I KNOW you will be here before January 2014. :) Keep living pretty lady. And wear your llama shirt while you're at it.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love your blog posts ;) Keep 'em coming!

    ReplyDelete