Thursday, May 16, 2013

Dunder Mifflin

Like millions of people in the world, I have a deep love and appreciation for The Office. I've loved this show since the beginning, and while anticipating the series finale, I had been doing a lot of reflecting on my favorite moments. I know, it's just a TV show. But it's one of those shows that makes me laugh and cry, has fantastic relationships that I can live vicariously through, and characters that I feel connected to through years and years of watching them grow.

That being said, I bring you:

Things I Learned From The Office:

1.  If you enjoy breakfast in bed and like waking up to the smell of bacon,  you should probably get a servant, or a spouse to make it for you, and avoid putting a George Foreman grill at the foot of your bed.



2. If you have a Mexican food potluck to go to and nothing to bring, just grab a bottle of lemonade, and write "Mexican" on the label.

3. When you like somebody, and are under the impression that they do not reciprocate the feeling (because maybe they're engaged), kiss them, and kiss them good. By good, I mean the kind of kiss that, had it been aired on national television, would make all of the women in the world swoon and cry. Then, move far away.


4. Always look on the bright side of things:

Jan: Michael, you are currently number 4 of the 5 branches that I oversee.

Michael: Top 80%!

5. Being friend zoned might not always be the end of things, but also never settle for somebody who doesn't love you as much as Jim loves Pam. (I mean, you can do whatever you want, but I want JAM kind of love.)

6. NEVER take an iPod to a small present exchange at your work Christmas party.

7. Never forget your pita in the toaster oven.  Especially if your name is Ryan.








 8. Take any opportunity to make a good "that's what she said" joke.

  

9.  The eyes are the groin of the head.

10. Sometimes the person that think you need the least is there for you when you need it most.



11. There's a lot of beauty in ordinary things.

I realize that there are a million and one things that I left out, and characters that didn't get mentioned. I have so many more favorites, and don't think that the season finale could have been any more perfect. I shed a few tears, but I take comfort in knowing that the Dunder Mifflin crew will be available to lift my spirits with just a push of a button on my DVD player.


What were your favorite Office moments?


2 comments:

  1. "all of them"....but seriously.

    ReplyDelete
  2. best ever. I cried so good during the finale.

    ReplyDelete